Movile, a Latin American mobile content and mobile commerce platform, is bringing 13 new kids’ series to its subscription-based PlayKids TV app.
Intent on expanding their reach to a young global audience, Movile is partnering with DHX Media, PBS, The Jim Henson Company and Televix Entertainment to bring Animal Mechanicals, Caillou, Super Why!, Sid the Science Kid, Rob the Robot, Franny’s Feat, Huxley Pig, Monster Math Squad, The Paddington Stop Motion Series, Poko, The Herbs, CareBears and Bo on the Go, to PlayKids TV . The PlayKids TV video and educational service now reaches over 500,000 mobile and tablet users on iOS and Android in Latin America, the U.S. and Canada.
Many of the new series will be available across the Americas and the UK, with plans for greater expansion throughout Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia.
PlayKids TV is a mobile and tablet-only iOS and Android app specifically for kids age five and under. Aimed at a young audience, PlayKids TV is designed around bringing entertaining and age-appropriate content to tablets and smartphones.
Its user interface allows kids navigate by themselves and choose the shows they watch, even offline with no Internet connection. PlayKids TV fans can also play educational games and watch their favorite shows multiple times through PlayKids TV’s unlimited downloads and offline viewing feature.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia