App Annie, a business intelligence and market data platform for apps and digital content, today announced that it is moving into the books world with its latest offering, App Annie for eBooks. The product line provides publishers, authors, agents and marketers with a free dashboard for tracking their own eBook sales and downloads as well as research information on market trends worldwide.
“The eBooks space is an emerging market with huge potential”, said Bertrand Schmitt, CEO, App Annie Inc. “There are a lot of similarities to the mobile apps market, from projected growth to methods of purchase and consumption to the need for business intelligence and platforms for analyzing the vast amounts of data we have access to. App or eBook, it’s all digital content, and that’s why we want to leverage our existing infrastructure to take the hassle out of managing and analyzing the complicated data publishers and authors are getting everyday.”
App Annie for eBooks consists of two components. The first, ‘Analytics,’ allows publishers to track all their sales and download data from multiple eBooks stores in a single dashboard. Publishers can analyze their eBook revenues, downloads, ratings, reviews and rankings. Furthermore, App Annie provides a number of options for accessing data, including a web dashboard, email reports, downloadable file reports and soon a mobile app.
The second, ‘Store Stats,’ offers customers the ability to examine eBook marketplace dynamics, measured through rankings, ratings and featured sections across geography, category and time. With a comprehensive database of over one million ranked eBooks, Store Stats simplifies in-depth market research by aggregating the world’s eBooks store data into one place.
App Annie for eBooks is available for the Amazon Kindle and iBooks stores, with more stores coming in the future.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia