A little over one month ago, Disney Interactive launched its long-awaited Disney Infinity gaming initiative, combining physical Disney character collectibles in a digital video game world. Kids can either play Disney Infinity in Play Set or Toy Box mode.
Play Set mode allows them to collect figurines and build video game worlds based […]
The Federal Trade Commission is seeking public comment on a proposed safe harbor program that the kidSAFE Seal Program has submitted for Commission approval under the agency’s Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule.
The Rule includes a “safe harbor” provision designed to encourage increased industry self-regulation in this area. Under this […]
Android smartphones and tablet owners to enjoy interactive storytelling from Disney through digital storybook, activity, and creativity apps that invite families to […]
Global publisher DK, in partnership with licensor DeLiSo and app developer FamLoop today announced the launch of Sophie La Girafe for iPad. The new digital interactive stories for pre-schoolers include lift-the-flap features and read-along narrative, encouraging early learning and development.
“We are thrilled to be bringing Sophie La Girafe — the hugely successful French […]
For the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), engaging youth and families through education in the classroom and online is an effective way of teaching them the ins and outs of emergency preparedness.
The federal agency has enlisted in a […]
Engaging children in collaborative play and learning through activities that allow them to work together to solve problems is becoming an increasingly important factor in educating children in the digital age. Research from Edutopia has found that collaborative learning helps improve retention, enhance interpersonal skills and time spent on tasks.
Inspired by the power […]
With today’s launch of the Nearpod Content Store, TIME for Kids is now available to educators in a format designed specifically for the mobile classroom. This new collaboration between presentation platform Nearpod and classroom news magazine, TIME for Kids, will provide teachers with access to the in digital form.
“With the Common […]
Netflix extended its services to the Netherlands today, giving Dutch members the ability to enjoy TV shows and movies when, how and where they want with instant access across TVs, tablets, mobile devices, game consoles and computers. Hollywood blockbusters, top TV shows, documentaries, independent films, stand-up comedy, a wide range of kids’ […]
Toys”R”Us today announced that next month it will debut tabeoe2, the next generation of its Wi-Fi Androidtablet for kids that launched during the 2012 holiday season.
Designed by the kids authority, the upgraded, 8-inch, multi-touch screen tablet is larger and faster than the original tabeo while still providing exciting content for […]
Apple began announcing its latest iPhones, the iPhone 5S and 5C, at a press event today at 10 a.m. PST. Apple’s CEO joined the stage and highlighted the major changes in iOS 7 and the role those features play in the new iPhones.
The 5C is a more affordable iPhone option for consumers, made […]
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia