UQ Life is a startup on a mission to change how kids interact with games and technology so that their brains can become better stimulated for the digital world. This week, the company unveiled UQ World, its digital video game platform created with neuroscience principles to benefit young players’ brains in a […]
Rovio Entertainment is broadening its distribution network by building a video channel inside its apps as a way to display its first TV show, Angry Birds Toons. The company announced today that, beginning the weekend of March 16-17, Angry Birds Toons fans be able to watch the show on a dedicated channel […]
NOOK Media LLC, a subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, Inc., said today that it will bring more movies and TV shows to its expansive NOOK Video offering. The company has announced content licensing partnerships with studios and content providers including Lionsgate, Paramount Pictures, Relativity Media, National Geographic, Little Pim and Film Buff.
Nickelodeon today launched Nick App, a new, free platform that emanates the Nickelodeon spirit with an array of fun and funny interactive content elements currently available exclusively for iPad.
With over 1,000 pieces of Nick content, the platform includes original short-form video featuring live-action Nick star performances, full-length subscription episodes, new games weekly, […]
KidzVuz.com, a video sharing site by tween-focused media and entertainment company KidzVuz, has released its first app that allows children to post videos on-the-go. The KidzVuz iOS app encourages children to become content creators rather than content consumers by transforming them into reporters, reviewers and amateur videographers.
From eating out to traveling, […]
Mashable recently posted an article listing 8 ways children can digitally connect with Santa this Christmas season:
Using the Portable North Pole app, parents can send young loved ones commending and encouraging messages from Santa as he prepares to fly around the world on Christmas Eve. The app is available online […]
Among the many issues to consider, the debate on the influence of violent video games on children has been put in the spotlight. Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.) proposed a […]
The Ruckus Media Group, an independent family digital entertainment company, knows that while mobile devices create a world of convenient entertainment for children, such a world can be difficult for parents to navigate. Today the company provides a simple way for parents to access children’s entertainment products with the release of its new […]
Aiming to boost exposure and revenues for its educational music videos for children, myKaZootv has officially joined forces with Ameba, a multi-platform kids streaming TV service. myKaZootv, an emerging online childrens music video channel, today announced the content distribution alliance with Ameba as part of its mission to reach new audiences for […]
Amazon Studios — the media arm of the retail giant which looks to develop commercially viable feature films and episodic series — has announced that it has optioned another two children’s series, adding to the three comedies and one children’s show it selected back in June.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia