A little over one month ago, Disney Interactive launched its long-awaited Disney Infinity gaming initiative, combining physical Disney character collectibles in a digital video game world. Kids can either play Disney Infinity in Play Set or Toy Box mode.
Play Set mode allows them to collect figurines and build video game worlds based […]
Canada-based children’s toy and entertainment company Spin Master Ltd. is transforming its organization through recent acquisitions and a strengthened executive team to build a more immersive toy, entertainment and gaming offering.
Hot off the heels of key acquisitions, including Spy Gear and Perplexus, Spin Master just acquired Meccano, a toy construction brand […]
With days to go until the launch of Infinity, Disney announced that the toy-game hybrid products will enter the market not only on gaming consoles, as expected, but also on mobile platforms.
In a surprise announcement today, Disney revealed that it has created two new mobile apps as components to the Infinity project. […]
Skylanders’ soon-to-be rival Disney Infinity is preparing to hit stores on August 18th, as Disney Interactive’s “largest and most ambitious gaming initiative to date.” As the initiative prepares to launch, Disney Interactive has announced the sixth Disney Infinity play set: Toy Story in Space. Featuring Buzz, Jessie and Woody, the Toy Story […]
Cartoon Network and The LEGO Group have joined forces to produce a new global entertainment franchise: Mixels. Launching in 2014, Mixels will focus on integrated family entertainment, featuring animated content, a rich digital gaming experience, a collectible building toy concept and more.
The two companies aim for Mixels to inspire new ways […]
The Marvel amendment extends Hasbro’s global rights to Marvel characters for an additional two years running through 2020. Hasbro will continue to develop a wide range of toys and games for […]
With toy-integrated platforms such as Activision’s popular Skylanders games and the soon-to-release Disney Infinity gaming initiative making waves in the digital kids space, Hasbro has joined the competition with its own line of physical characters that “teleport” into digital gaming and app experiences.
The Telepods line uses technology to allow […]
The Hong Kong and Taipei-based startup is now seeking funding on Kickstarter for its first stuffed animal, a pink rabbit named TuTu that comes with touch-screen accessories for iPhones […]
Mobile entertainment company DANO2 recently announced its iHeart Locket, a ‘smart necklace’ that opens a corresponding diary app on the iPad. The heart-shaped locket taps into the field of wearable technology and aims to get kids excited about keeping a journal.
Features a scrapbook-style design, the iHeart Locket app takes advantage of […]
Educational kids entertainment producer LeapFrog reported its financial results for the first quarter of 2013. When compared to first quarter 2012, the company saw a 15% increase in consolidated net sales, an 11% increase in U.S. segment net sales and a 26% increase in international segment net sales. These improvements were driven by […]
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia