With days to go until the launch of Infinity, Disney announced that the toy-game hybrid products will enter the market not only on gaming consoles, as expected, but also on mobile platforms.
In a surprise announcement today, Disney revealed that it has created two new mobile apps as components to the Infinity project. […]
The Jim Henson Company is adopting a new strategy to release its new preschool property, Jim Henson’s Chatter Zoo. The company today debuted Chatter Zoo as a digital “appisode” property prior to any other property. It marks the company’s first “digital first” release.
In collaboration with kids mobile app developer Mindshapes, the […]
Learn with Homer is a comprehensive literacy program for children aged three to six. Created by education reformer Stephanie Dua, the app is based on teaching practices that are aligned with the new […]
To provide children with a way to practice their 123s through interactive tracing and counting activities, Cupcake Digital has released Wubbzy’s 123 Learn & Play, a fun, game-like number learning app starring the Wubbzy character from Nick Jr. TV series “Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!.”
Including educational games from some of Wubbzy’s apps, including […]
Cartoon Network has made its mobile video app available on two Android tablets. The app offers full episodes, video clips, games and live streaming to its audience whenever, wherever.
In collaboration with Barnes & Noble and Amazon, the app is now available to download for free from the NOOK Store and the Amazon […]
UK-based SuperAwesome, a discovery platform for kids and teens, is launching Kids Mobile Network (KMN), their mobile ad network for premium kids content creators.
For content creators in the kids space who are uncomfortable using in-app purchases as a revenue model on mobile and tablet, SuperAwesome’s KMN provides an in-app ad monetization tool […]
Interactive media startup yummico, founded by Blue’s Clues creator Traci Paige Johnson and film producer Caroline Baron, has launched a new, multiplatform eBook series for preschoolers: The Adventures of Ash & Ollie.
The series uses visual storytelling to build social, emotional and behavioral skills.
The new property will launch as an enhanced […]
The Federal Trade Commission’s revised Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Rule took effect today, giving parents greater control over the online collection of their children’s personal information.
Addressing changes in the way children use and access the Internet, the updated rule now spans to mobile devices and social networking.
Amendments to COPPA […]
In an effort to enhance interactivity, shareability and mobile and tablet accessibility for kids, Disney Channel has relaunched its UK website to feature a single digital library for the first time.
Via laptop, tablet and mobile devices, the mobile accessible website targets children between the ages of 6 and 14. It offers full-length […]
Ingo Devices, an international electronics manufacturer, has launched a Moshi Monsters 7” Premium Tablet.
The tablet is packed with features including a double camera, wifi and the Ingokids parental control software that allow parents to closely monitor child activity and set restrictions on web access and time allowed with the tablet.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia