The popular Candy Crush mobile game creator, King, has quietly filed for a initial public offering in America, the Telegraph reported. This IPO is expected to bring a $5 billion value to the company and is considered one of the biggest IPOs by UK technology company in years.
UK-based King is one […]
In anticipation of The Lego Group’s September 1st launch of its Mindstorms® EV3 robotics platform, the company has launched a social media hub for all things robotics: www.LEGO.com/mindstorms.
Lego also released three EV3 apps that will help fans build and connect: Lego Mindstorms Robot Commander, Lego Mindstorms 3D Builder and Lego […]
As we are gearing up for Digital Kids Summit and Edu day, we want to make everyone aware of our social media communities. To engage in discussion with other attendees and expert speakers as well as keep up with the latest digital kids insights, ideas and news, we would like to invite […]
The Federal Trade Commission’s revised Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Rule took effect today, giving parents greater control over the online collection of their children’s personal information.
Addressing changes in the way children use and access the Internet, the updated rule now spans to mobile devices and social networking.
Amendments to COPPA […]
Saban Brands has appointed Jack Sorensen as president of The Playforge, the company’s mobile social games division, where he will be responsible for overseeing the development of character-based mobile games for mass audiences. Sorensen will also lead efforts to expand, promote, and monetize The Playforge’s digital IP, including its flagship mobile title […]
Disney Interactive today announced the release of its new iPhone app called Story, Macworld reported. The game is designed to help users organize their digital media into personal, sharable storylines. Once downloaded, Story uses location-based technology to connect to users’ Camera Roll and groups photos. Called “moments,” these pictures are what […]
Among his first efforts in his new positions, DeRose has in turn appointed Brian Klais , CEO of Pure Oxygen, as Executive SEO and Mobile Advisor; and Richard […]
Rovio Entertainment Ltd today announced plans to bring mobile versions of its Angry Birds Friends Facebook game to iOS and Android devices next month.
For the first time, Angry Birds fans will be able to use their mobile or tablet devices to challenge their Facebook friends in the game’s well-known weekly tournaments for […]
The Kinfish mobile app hit the market today, introducing a kid-friendly, safe and family-centric social networking platform which allows friends and families to privately share information in separate, secure customized networks where they can control and limit who has access to shared multimedia posts.
Along with private groups, Kinfish offers kid-friendly features that […]
Scoot & Doodle closed a seed funding round today, bringing the real-time social creativity platform’s total funding to $2.25 million. The investment comes from Silicon Valley angel investors and Pearson learning company.
On the Scoot & Doodle platform, friends and classmates get creative together in a face-to-face digital environment where they play with […]
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia