The Federal Trade Commission is seeking public comment on a proposed safe harbor program that the kidSAFE Seal Program has submitted for Commission approval under the agency’s Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule.
The Rule includes a “safe harbor” provision designed to encourage increased industry self-regulation in this area. Under this […]
According to Privacy and security software developer Disconnect, hundreds of mobile tracking companies collect info about the browsing and app activity of users, mainly to target ads. While intentionally targeting children this way is illegal, there is a loophole in US privacy law that allows a site or app not directed at children […]
Famigo, a company providing safer experiences for children on mobile devices, has formed a strategic partnership with Mobile MUM, a provider of video content and educational apps for kids. The partnership will allow Famigo to ensure families, telecom carriers and OEMs have access to the newest child appropriate content available […]
The Federal Trade Commission’s revised Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Rule took effect today, giving parents greater control over the online collection of their children’s personal information.
Addressing changes in the way children use and access the Internet, the updated rule now spans to mobile devices and social networking.
Amendments to COPPA […]
With stricter children’s online privacy rules going into effect July 1, privacy groups are getting ready to monitor websites and mobile apps targeting children to ensure they comply with the new regulations, Ad Week reported.
In an 18-page letter released Monday, the Center for Digital Democracy called for help from over […]
As many know, the Snapchat real time picture chatting app targets teens and adults, allowing them to take and share pictures and videos with friends that disappear up to ten seconds after being viewed. Children under the age of 13 are not allowed to create accounts.
In its previous iOS update, Snapchat introduced […]
Imperium, a fraud prevention and identity validation solutions, has announce that its ChildGuardOnline service can assist websites and mobile apps comply to tougher Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) regulations.
With extensive changes to the rule scheduled to take effect on July 1st, many businesses are feeling the pressure to ensure compliance. […]
Safe Communications, Inc. has launched its AnonymousTips line for iOS and Android devices. The newly launched mobile application allows children to send messages to their school or law enforcement agency from their cell phones or tablets as soon as they recognize a problem that they should report.
As with the PC and […]
Using the AppCertain app, parents can also receive on-the-go details about an app’s price, in-app purchases, inappropriate […]
With new Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) amendments going into effect in July, many businesses are working to ensure their products comply with the law.
To clarify what its new COPPA amendments entail, the Federal Trade Commission released responses to frequently asked questions about COPPA compliance. COPPA is designed to protect […]
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia