App developers can now sell millions of products from Amazon.com, opening doors to new monetization opportunities within their apps and games, as Amazon today introduced the free-to-use Mobile Associates API for Kindle Fire and other Android devices. This new API enables developers to merchandise millions of physical and digital items from Amazon.com […]
According to Business Insider, mobile-centric social networks, mobile video companies, and location based services are set to see big benefits from the booming shift in consumer media consumption and the way consumers use media. In a recent BI Intelligence report, Business Insider reveals data on how companies can really capitalize on the […]
Interactive bookstore app PlayTales has entered a global partnership with Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street. The partnership brings Big Bird, Elmo, Cookie Monster, and more Sesame Street characters to PlayTales’ interactive eBook applications.
Multiple Sesame Street stories are available in English, Spanish, Italian, and German, marking the first […]
Educational and interactive games developer Dig-It! Games has launched Can U Dig It!, a free game app for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch that turns kids into archaeologists as they dig for ancient artifacts using logic and a little luck.
The puzzle app virtually transports players 11 and older to excavation […]
With days to go until the launch of Infinity, Disney announced that the toy-game hybrid products will enter the market not only on gaming consoles, as expected, but also on mobile platforms.
In a surprise announcement today, Disney revealed that it has created two new mobile apps as components to the Infinity project. […]
The Jim Henson Company is adopting a new strategy to release its new preschool property, Jim Henson’s Chatter Zoo. The company today debuted Chatter Zoo as a digital “appisode” property prior to any other property. It marks the company’s first “digital first” release.
In collaboration with kids mobile app developer Mindshapes, the […]
Egmont Press has launched a new cross-platform humor community called Jelly Pie Central for 5-9 year old children. This release follows the 2012 launch of the Jelly Pie imprint story world. It is the first time the company has launched a digital world dedicated specifically to humor and funny stories.
Jelly Pie […]
In Q2 2013, an App Annie mobile market report revealed that Google Play brought in 10% more in app downloads than did Apple’s iOS App Store. However, while Google leads in number of app downloads, the iOS app store still generated 2.3x the revenue, highlighting a wide gap in app monetization. India and […]
Facebook has noticed that as mobile app ecosystem expands, breaking through and getting discovered in a crowded marketplace is one of the biggest challenge for mobile games. The company announced in blog post yesterday that it will be entering the mobile games publishing world to help small and medium-sized developers take mobile games global. […]
To provide children with a way to practice their 123s through interactive tracing and counting activities, Cupcake Digital has released Wubbzy’s 123 Learn & Play, a fun, game-like number learning app starring the Wubbzy character from Nick Jr. TV series “Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!.”
Including educational games from some of Wubbzy’s apps, including […]
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia