Taking a “bold step” into its mobile future, Microsoft has purchased Nokia’s Devices and Services Businesses. This means the company will acquire Nokia’s smartphone and mobile phone businesses, design team, world-wide manufacturing and assembly facilities around the world, as well as operations, sales, marketing and support teams.
Under the terms of the agreement, […]
Canada-based children’s toy and entertainment company Spin Master Ltd. is transforming its organization through recent acquisitions and a strengthened executive team to build a more immersive toy, entertainment and gaming offering.
Hot off the heels of key acquisitions, including Spy Gear and Perplexus, Spin Master just acquired Meccano, a toy construction brand […]
“We look forward to expanding our product offering and fully integrating our distribution arm under the marblemedia umbrella,” said Mark Bishop, Co-CEO/Executive Producer, marblemedia and Founding Partner, D360. […]
FremantleMedia will integrate a new Digital & Branded Entertainment division with its business. The division will be led by Keith Hindle, whom the company today announced will serve as the new branch’s CEO.
In his new role, Hindle, who was formerly CEO, Americas at FremantleMedia’s Enterprises arm, will steer and oversee the digital […]
In one of the latest educational app developments, TabTale, a youth and family app maker, has purchased Kids Games Club, another kids app maker of titles like “Paint Sparkles.” The deal, TechCrunch reports and understands, was between $3 million – $4 million.
When combined, the two Israel-based businesses […]
Canadian digital entertainment company Mercury Active today announced its acquisition of mobile gaming company Riptide Games Corp. The purchase will give Mercury Active access to Riptide’s proprietary gaming library which totals of 5 million downloads and includes franchises such as “My Pet Zombie,” “Spin O Rama” and […]
FremantleMedia today announced company restructure plans which will help it strengthen core business activities and capitalize on future growth opportunities. As a part of its structure shift, the company will create FremantleMedia International and Kids, a new global division focused on distribution and kids and family entertainment. Led by David […]
DHX Media Ltd. (“DHX” or the “Company”) (TSX ticker: DHX), has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire the business of Cookie Jar Entertainment to create Canada’s largest children’s entertainment company. The combined company will own an extensive independent library of children’s entertainment, including more than 8,550 half hour episodes. The transaction […]
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia