Janet Scardino has joined Saban Brands as the company’s Chief Operating Officer. Scardino will oversee Saban Brands’ media operations across television, digital and games, as well as content distribution and ad sales for all properties worldwide.
In this new role, Scardino will work closely with President Elie Dekel and Chief Financial Officer […]
FremantleMedia will integrate a new Digital & Branded Entertainment division with its business. The division will be led by Keith Hindle, whom the company today announced will serve as the new branch’s CEO.
In his new role, Hindle, who was formerly CEO, Americas at FremantleMedia’s Enterprises arm, will steer and oversee the digital […]
While they are on vacation, many Boston Globe readers donate the proceeds from their subscriptions to the Globe’s Newspaper in Education (NIE) program. The program has traditionally served students from kindergarten through 12th grade with a mix of print copies and digital content using subscriber vacation donations. With the onset of […]
As we enter the new year, many experts in the kids and family entertainment world find themselves wondering what 2013 will bring on the ever-evolving Digital Kids™ platform. Joi Podgorny, Director of Community Engagement at Smart Bomb Interactive, provides KidsWire with insight on what she believes 2013 will bring to the market.
Tablet sales flooded the digital market in 2012, with more than 27 million purchased in the third quarter alone. The devices have become successful even with children, which Amazon found after it released the original Kindle Fire and received responses from parents saying they handed the tablets over to their children, […]
Cirque du Soleil, a major Québec-based organization providing high-quality artistic entertainment, and Bell Media, Canada’s premier multimedia company, recently closed a joint venture transaction and announced their new company, Cirque du Soleil Media. The company will develop Québec-based media content for television, digital and gaming platforms. Jacques Méthé will lead as President of […]
Parents should proceed with caution when downloading mobile apps for their children on the Apple App Market and Google Play. After conducting and analyzing a survey in 2011, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has released a new, second study titled “Mobile Apps for Kids: Disclosures Still Not Making the Grade”. The study […]
Subscription channel Hulu Plus recently launched a section targeted specifically for kids. Hulu Kids, offering kid-friendly, streaming content is free of advertising, which has received much acclaim from parents. This ad-free service means kids are not bombarded with advertisements and the pressure to purchase toys and games.
Hulu Plus […]
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia