The company has signed a legally binding agreement that will allow it majority control over 91 Wireless, a subsidiary of NetDragon Websoft, an investor […]
In an effort to strengthen its mobile gaming expertise, Hasbro has acquired a majority stake in Backflip Studios, the Colorado-based mobile game developer behind games including DragonVale, NinJump and Paper Toss.
Hasbro paid $112 million in an all cash transaction for 70% of the company.
Backflip will continue to develop its own […]
The contract, approved 6-0 by the school’s board, authorizes iPad distribution to 47 campuses at $678 per device. While that’s higher than store value, […]
Here is PlayerScale CEO, Jesper Jensen’s blog post announcing the acquisition:
Today is a great day — both in our journey with PlayerScale and for users of our Player.IO product. We are happy to […]
Former Punky Brewster actress Soleil Moon Frye and former IAC executive Kara Nortman launched their new startup company, Moonfrye today. The co-founders secured $2.5 million in funding led by GRP Partners with participation from Greycroft, Daher Capital, and Google Ventures.
Nortman is the Chief Executive Officer and Frye is the Chief Creative […]
Supercell, a Finland-based company which merges social games with elements from traditional console titles, has raised a $130 million round of funding co-led by Institutional Venture Partners and Index Ventures with participation from Atomico Ventures. The company previously raised $12 million in funding from Accel Partners, London Venture Partners and other investors. This latest […]
Scoot & Doodle closed a seed funding round today, bringing the real-time social creativity platform’s total funding to $2.25 million. The investment comes from Silicon Valley angel investors and Pearson learning company.
On the Scoot & Doodle platform, friends and classmates get creative together in a face-to-face digital environment where they play with […]
Toca Boca, a digital toy app developer, today announced that it inked a deal with zinc Roe, a Toronto-based studio specializing in new media for kids. The agreement will allow Toca Boca to acquire zinc Roe’s Tickle Tap app series and 10-person development team.
zinc Roe Founder Jason Krogh will […]
Qustodio, a parental control software start-up, has successfully bagged a $1 million seed round of funding led by a Harvard Business School Alumni Angels member from W8 ventures, a London-based firm focusing on tech and clean technology investments. Qustodio’s original founders also participated in the seed round and bring the company extensive experience […]
Bipper, a mobile safety solutions company founded in Norway and Bulgaria, today announced that its bSafe app has received Hollywood attention from actress Jada Pinkett Smith, who is investing an undisclosed amount in Bipper to take bSafe to the international market.
bSafe works as a mobile SOS alarm app for women. When […]
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia