Apple began announcing its latest iPhones, the iPhone 5S and 5C, at a press event today at 10 a.m. PST. Apple’s CEO joined the stage and highlighted the major changes in iOS 7 and the role those features play in the new iPhones.
The 5C is a more affordable iPhone option for consumers, made […]
Taking a “bold step” into its mobile future, Microsoft has purchased Nokia’s Devices and Services Businesses. This means the company will acquire Nokia’s smartphone and mobile phone businesses, design team, world-wide manufacturing and assembly facilities around the world, as well as operations, sales, marketing and support teams.
Under the terms of the agreement, […]
Samsung has entered the kids’ tablet market with announcement of its new Android tablet designed specifically for kids. Featuring a variety of educational tools and safety components, the Samsung GALAXY Tab 3 Kids tablet comes pre-loaded with kid’s apps and a brand new Kid’s Store aimed at driving the educational possibilities of technology […]
Among the news released in its WWDC keynote yesterday, Apple announced iOS 7, an update featuring a new user interface.
iOS 7 has hundreds of new features, including Control Center, Notification Center, improved Multitasking, AirDrop, enhanced Photos, Safari, Siri and introduces iTunes Radio, a free Internet radio service based on the music you […]
Developers now have a way to activate mobile payments on all Microsoft devices. Integrating cross-device payments on Windows 8, Windows RT and Windows Phone, mobile payments provider Fortumo today launched in-app payments for Windows Phone.
With this update, app and game developers can use a single SDK to activate payments on all Microsoft devices: desktops, laptops and […]
Fuhu, Inc.’s recently launched, touch screen nabi Jr. tablets will soon receive a Nickelodeon-style makeover, as Fuhu and Nickelodeon today entered a multi-year partnership. Under their agreement, the companies will first produce and distribute Nickelodeon-themed tablet accessories and nabi Jr. tablets pre-loaded educational apps, games, and videos from Nick preschool […]
As children continue turning to tablets for entertainment, many companies in the kids and family entertainment industry have started developing tablets designed just for kids. Washington DC’s Pardo Group introduced its Android Canvas Tablets for kids yesterday, providing parents with an alternative to sharing expensive, unsafe adult tablets with their children. Using Canvas […]
KidCheck, a company which provides secure check-in features for churches and childcare professionals, has extended its services to the Lenovo IdeaCentre Q190 nettop personal computer, which the company pre-loads with KidCheck check-in software and drivers.
The Lenovo Q190 is less than an inch thick and incorporates a 1.5GHz Celeron 887 […]
Sesame Workshop, the producer behind Sesame Street, has taken an interest in the augmented reality concept and partnered with Qualcomm Incorporated, producer of next-generation technologies, to explore augmented reality experiences for children that foster learning and imagination.
The companies collaborated to create a prototype playset that brings physical toys to life and […]
CES 2013 saw a new product launch by DreamPlay Toys LLC, the joint venture between NantWorks, LLC and JAKKS Pacific, Inc. The company debuted its interactive technology-based, Disney-branded products which incorporate NantWorks’ image recognition technology at the show. With the NantWorks’ iD technology, the products are capable of recognizing images, 3D objects, […]
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia