Mobile devices are changing the face of the educational games market, a new research report by Ambient Insight shows. Also known as “serious games” or “game-based learning,” educational games are becoming increasingly accepted on mobile devices, making them easily accessible by and convenient for consumers fueling the booming mobile market.
With days to go until the launch of Infinity, Disney announced that the toy-game hybrid products will enter the market not only on gaming consoles, as expected, but also on mobile platforms.
In a surprise announcement today, Disney revealed that it has created two new mobile apps as components to the Infinity project. […]
The creatable, colorful, makeable fun of the Play-Doh brand is coming to life digitally for Android devices with the company’s first educational app, Play-Doh Create ABCs. Licensed by Hasbro and developed by PlayDate Digital, the app incorporates Play-Doh-style fun while nurturing children’s pre-reading skills.
Capturing the fun, tactile experience of the […]
Skylanders’ soon-to-be rival Disney Infinity is preparing to hit stores on August 18th, as Disney Interactive’s “largest and most ambitious gaming initiative to date.” As the initiative prepares to launch, Disney Interactive has announced the sixth Disney Infinity play set: Toy Story in Space. Featuring Buzz, Jessie and Woody, the Toy Story […]
In May, 15 startups entered a 3-month summer program with DreamIt Ventures in New York City. Participating companies received typical accelerator perks such as office space and business advisers. In addition, the startups received $25,000.
Today those in the summer program graduate DreamIt Ventures. The accelerator is capping off the program with a […]
In both North America and Europe, the Activision Blizzard reported that Activision Publishing’s Skylanders Giants was the number one best-selling console and hand-held game overall in dollars for the […]
Facebook has noticed that as mobile app ecosystem expands, breaking through and getting discovered in a crowded marketplace is one of the biggest challenge for mobile games. The company announced in blog post yesterday that it will be entering the mobile games publishing world to help small and medium-sized developers take mobile games global. […]
Activision Publishing plans to support the Wii U system by releasing on the platform entertainment franchise title Call of Duty®: Ghosts as well as kids’ franchises, including Skylanders SWAP Force™, Angry Birds Trilogy™, Angry Birds™ Star Wars®, SpongeBob SquarePants™: Plankton’s Robotic Revenge and Wipeout™ Create & Crash.
Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing, […]
Cartoon Network and The LEGO Group have joined forces to produce a new global entertainment franchise: Mixels. Launching in 2014, Mixels will focus on integrated family entertainment, featuring animated content, a rich digital gaming experience, a collectible building toy concept and more.
The two companies aim for Mixels to inspire new ways […]
With toy-integrated platforms such as Activision’s popular Skylanders games and the soon-to-release Disney Infinity gaming initiative making waves in the digital kids space, Hasbro has joined the competition with its own line of physical characters that “teleport” into digital gaming and app experiences.
The Telepods line uses technology to allow […]
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia