Hyper-Hippo’s long-awaited Mech Mice browser-based, free-to-play episodic tactical strategy game officially launched today. KidsWire went behind the scenes with Hyper Hippo’s co-founder, Lance Priebe, to learn more about the game’s development.
Back in 2000, Priebe built a little game called Club Penguin in his basement. Most of us are aware of Club […]
Skylanders is today debuting the start to a series of webisodes on YouTube. Called Skylanders Boomcast, the webisodes offer kids a weekly glance into the Skylands world. Boomcast will be hosted by actor Zachary Gordon, of Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Gordan will bring fans the latest Skylanders franchise news, gameplay tips […]
Chengdu-based mobile game developer TribePlay recently hit the $10,000,000 downloads marker for its children’s educational game series, Dr. Panda.
The Dr. Panda series now spans 10 premium games available for both Apple and Android devices. Designed with intrinsic motivation in mind, Dr. Panda apps encourage kids to explore different role-playing scenario’s including that […]
The popular Candy Crush mobile game creator, King, has quietly filed for a initial public offering in America, the Telegraph reported. This IPO is expected to bring a $5 billion value to the company and is considered one of the biggest IPOs by UK technology company in years.
UK-based King is one […]
Toca Boca recently launched Toca Cars, its latest digital toy app in the company’s portfolio which has surpassed 46 million downloads to date.
Designed for kids ages 3-9, Toca Cars leaves driving rules on the side of the road and encourages ‘anything goes’ fun.
The app features two drivers — big sister Viola […]
A little over one month ago, Disney Interactive launched its long-awaited Disney Infinity gaming initiative, combining physical Disney character collectibles in a digital video game world. Kids can either play Disney Infinity in Play Set or Toy Box mode.
Play Set mode allows them to collect figurines and build video game worlds based […]
It can be difficult to make claims that a digital product actually teaches without proof. There are no barriers to developing educational content–anyone can do it. How do we effectively harness the mobile space as a way to inspire learning in children?
Former EVP of Product Innovation & Marketing at LeapFrog, Nancy MacIntyre has […]
In anticipation of The Lego Group’s September 1st launch of its Mindstorms® EV3 robotics platform, the company has launched a social media hub for all things robotics: www.LEGO.com/mindstorms.
Lego also released three EV3 apps that will help fans build and connect: Lego Mindstorms Robot Commander, Lego Mindstorms 3D Builder and Lego […]
Creative online building and gaming platform ROBLOX has released data highlighting strong continuing growth for the company. In the first six months of 2013, ROBLOX saw 13.4 billion pageviews and 339 million hours of site and gameplay engagement. Total engagement for the first six months grew almost 230% over 2012.
As of June […]
Educational and interactive games developer Dig-It! Games has launched Can U Dig It!, a free game app for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch that turns kids into archaeologists as they dig for ancient artifacts using logic and a little luck.
The puzzle app virtually transports players 11 and older to excavation […]
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia