Interactive media startup yummico, founded by Blue’s Clues creator Traci Paige Johnson and film producer Caroline Baron, has launched a new, multiplatform eBook series for preschoolers: The Adventures of Ash & Ollie.
The series uses visual storytelling to build social, emotional and behavioral skills.
The new property will launch as an enhanced […]
The Transformers Prime Story Cube app provides a guide to the “Transformers Prime” series in an interactive reading form.
Children can enjoy the first story: Darkness Rising for free, following the adventures […]
Hullabalu, a New York-based startup, is launching today with a unique approach to children’s storytelling. Rather than re-purposing a book or story to fit tablet devices, which can often lead to an overload of text, the app is tailor-made for the iPad generation. Called Pan: The Fearless Beribolt, the app engages children […]
The National Fire Protection Association will release a free interactive storybook app for ages 3-7, e-book for ages 7-10, and website for parents and teachers, all designed to teach kids about the importance of fire safety in a fun, engaging way. The series will be called Sparky the Fire Dog.
Sparky’s Birthday Surprise, […]
Penguin and creative advertising agency Bartle Bogle Hegarty (BBH) have partnered to launch a new web app called Storytime Hangout. The app combines Google Hangouts with the “Three Billy Goats Gruff” children’s story.
Using Storytime Hangout, children, friends and family members can act out characters from the book on their web […]
Leaders in the children’s entertainment and publishing industries have joined forces to launch Speakaboos, an education-focused, multi-platform storybook subscription service.
Delivered directly to consumers in homes, schools and libraries internationally, the service helps children age 2-6 read, explore and discover the books they love in a world of interactive storybooks.
The interactive literacy […]
Nook has moved away from its own limited app store and opened its doors to the Android world. Barnes & Noble announced today that it will increase the number of apps offered on its Nook HD and Nook HD+ tablets by adding Google Play digital content to the devices.
Through an automatic, […]
LeapFrog’s Learning Team conducted research which shows that children learn to read and write better when they experience the activities simultaneously. The company has taken this idea and developed a new reading system that includes a writing component.
The LeapReader system, set to launch June 12, will serve as a learn […]
Publications International, Ltd. teamed up with Sesame Workshop in the release iCookbook 3.1, which feature a new collection of recipes for kids and their parents: Sesame Street’s Silly Snacks.
This recipe collection offers parents and children a hands-on way to cook together and learn about healthy snacking with the help of Elmo, […]
Leaders in the children’s entertainment and publishing industries have joined forces to launch Speakaboos, an education-focused, multi-platform storybook subscription service that helps children age 2-6 read, explore and discover the books they love by immersing them in a world of interactive storybooks.
Speakaboos’ team is comprised of pioneers in the education, entertainment, and […]
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia