Pottermore, the exclusive website for digital Harry Potter books, announced today that the site will offer a gifting service allowing purchases of Harry Potter e-books to be delivered to your favorite Potter fan. The new shop, located at shop.pottermore.com, allows you to create a personal message along with the digital gift. You […]
According to a new survey by the Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project, most parents of teenagers are concerned about the online habits and activites of their teenage children, including how that activity may be monitored by others.
81% of parents of digitally connected teens are concerned about advertisers […]
UK-based Aardman Digital announced the launch of a touch-screen game created especially for the BAFTA award-winning show, Cbeebies’ Something Special. Something Special is a program geared toward children with learning and communication challenges.
Something Special is a simple, fun and informative show and each episode focuses on aspects of the children’s world around […]
Subscription channel Hulu Plus recently launched a section targeted specifically for kids. Hulu Kids, offering kid-friendly, streaming content is free of advertising, which has received much acclaim from parents. This ad-free service means kids are not bombarded with advertisements and the pressure to purchase toys and games.
Hulu Plus […]
Online kids channel Toon Goggles, a portal providing valuable viewing data to content producers, has teamed up with KIDO’Z, which develops safe environments for kids involved in online activities, to boost online safety for kids.
This collaboration means that kids will be able to watch an unlimited library of […]
According to a Harris Poll conducted in October of this year, half of Americans (52%) claim they will purchase toys as gifts this holiday season, while 2 in 5 (42%) will not and 6% are not sure. Three-quarters (77%) of parents with a child under 18 say they plan to purchase […]
The Chicago Toy & Game Fair (November 2013) will introduce three new Moshi Monsters toy assortments, including […]
TinyTap, the free iPad application that allows parents and educators to create learning games for kids, has recently raised $500K in seed funding. The funding comes from Inimiti, an Israeli micro venture capital fund that invests in new media startups.
“We partnered with TinyTap as we see a huge […]
Night & Day Studios, the company behind kids’ apps such as Peekaboo, Richard Scarry’s Busytown and Caillou (which, along with their other apps, have garnered over 2 million downloads to date) announced its new partnership yesterday with ScrollMotion, a leading enterprise mobile software company.
“We are becoming the exclusive children’s […]
Simon & Schuster will publish guide books to three titles in the Fight My Monster series. The Fight My Monster Monstrous Official Guide was released in […]
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia