Chengdu-based mobile game developer TribePlay recently hit the $10,000,000 downloads marker for its children’s educational game series, Dr. Panda.
The Dr. Panda series now spans 10 premium games available for both Apple and Android devices. Designed with intrinsic motivation in mind, Dr. Panda apps encourage kids to explore different role-playing scenario’s including that of a shopkeeper, handyman and gardener, just to name a few.
“We couldn’t be more thrilled at reaching this amazing benchmark of 10,000,000 downloads,” said Thijs Bosma, Founder and CEO of TribePlay. “As a developer, our number one commitment is to design meaningful apps that really excite and motivate kids to learn through creative exploration. It’s clear that we’re doing something right and so, we look forward to creating even more award-winning apps for kids to enjoy everywhere.”
TribePlay has accumulated over 40% of the 10,000,000 downloads in the last three months, showing accelerated growth mainly due to positive word of mouth and new titles consistently garnering more downloads than the last.
The newest Dr. Panda game, Dr. Panda’s Airport, which allows kids to help run their own airport, was released on August 22nd 2013 on the Apple App Store, Google Play and the Amazon App Store for Android.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia