Toca Boca recently launched Toca Cars, its latest digital toy app in the company’s portfolio which has surpassed 46 million downloads to date.
Designed for kids ages 3-9, Toca Cars leaves driving rules on the side of the road and encourages ‘anything goes’ fun.
The app features two drivers — big sister Viola Wheeler and her little brother, Walter Wheeler. Once behind the wheel, kids can race all through the Toca Cars world, both on- and off-track and bump into anything along the way.
Toca Cars includes a pre-populated world geared toward younger drivers seeking immediate fun as well as the ability to design custom environments, ideally suited for the older kids.
“In Toca Cars, we’ve delivered classic play on a mobile platform like never before,” said Björn Jeffery, Co-Founder and CEO of Toca Boca. “We’ve taken beautifully crafted cardboard play pieces, given kids full reign of the play environment and removed all the rules. It’s as close as you can get to the childhood pastime of playing with cars on the family room floor.”
Toca Cars is available now on the App Store with an initial launch price of $0.99.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia