Digital learning and entertainment company Fingerprint has partnered with Astro Digital 5 to help the Malaysia-based consumer entertainment media group develop a customized mobile entertainment and learning app network for children.
Powered by the Fingerprint technology platform, the Astro mobile app network is expected to debut by the end of 2013 and will bring bundled mobile gaming services for kids and families, including apps, games, ebooks and more, to more than 3.6 million Astro customers throughout Malaysia.
Already a provider of learn-and-play mobile apps for kids in the U.S. via its Fingerprint Play network, Fingerprint is now expanding its direct-to-consumer business model to include an enterprise platform solution.
By partnering with entertainment and technology companies like Astro Digital 5, Fingerprint will license and develop customized versions of its network. Under its deal with Astro, Fingerprint is developing both the underlying platform technology as well as the SDK, which will enable Fingerprint-approved, third-party developers to easily integrate their apps onto Astro’s mobile app network.
Astro will manage all distribution and customer-facing services, while Fingerprint will develop and manage the back-end technology and partnerships with top content providers and game developers from around the world. This mobile network is a bundled service that will feature a range of learning and entertainment games, apps and ebooks, localized in Mandarin, Malay, Tamil and English.
As part of its library, the Astro mobile app network will feature titles from developers around the world, including current products from Fingerprint’s network, such as Kids Learn Mandarin and Big Kid Life Firefighter, as well as Astro’s many properties like Happy Dragon and Oh My English!
The service, available on iOS and Android, will be a featured bundle as part of Astro Digital 5, which provides mobile content, IPTV and interactive television services to Astro.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia