Engaging children in collaborative play and learning through activities that allow them to work together to solve problems is becoming an increasingly important factor in educating children in the digital age. Research from Edutopia has found that collaborative learning helps improve retention, enhance interpersonal skills and time spent on tasks.
Inspired by the power of collaborative learning, Mobile kids entertainment network Fingerprint has partnered with app developer TigerFace Games to deliver seven new collaborative learning apps that allow kids and families to play and learn together.
This multi-title release on the Fingerprint Play network is designed for home and school. The new apps allow kids in groups of two to four players to team up or go head-to-head to hone their math, science and language skills using a single tablet.
“These types of collaborative learning apps are using technology to drive the most engaged, social learning by bringing kids together around a single device – much like the successful dynamics of a board game,” said Nancy MacIntyre, CEO and co-founder of Fingerprint. “For families, TigerFace Game’s award-winning apps on Fingerprint’s entertainment network are no doubt the future of a shared, mobile-learning experience at home and at school that is both purposeful and fun.”
These new apps by TigerFace join Fingerprint’s library of 40 learning apps developed for kids from ages 3-13 and cover subjects ranging from language, math, science and more.
Join KidsWire at Digital Kids Edu to hear MacIntyre speak on a panel about the emerging platforms and technologies in kids’ education. Tomorrow is the last day to save $100 by registering online for Digital Kids Edu and Digital Kids Summit. Register today: http://www.digitalkidsedu.com/register.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia