Netflix extended its services to the Netherlands today, giving Dutch members the ability to enjoy TV shows and movies when, how and where they want with instant access across TVs, tablets, mobile devices, game consoles and computers. Hollywood blockbusters, top TV shows, documentaries, independent films, stand-up comedy, a wide range of kids’ titles and local Dutch titles are now available to watch instantly on Netflix.
“We’re proud to bring the future of television to the Netherlands,” said Reed Hastings, co-founder and chief executive officer of Netflix. “The Dutch have incredible broadband, but until today have not been able to take full advantage of their fast connections. Now people in the Netherlands can subscribe to Netflix and instantly watch great TV shows and movies anywhere, anytime, for one low monthly price.”
Kids and families can enjoy TV shows such as Adventure Time, My Little Pony, Nijntje, The Adventures of Tintin and features such as Kikkerdril, Ratatouille and Wall-E.
Todd Yellin, VP of Product Innovation, Netflix will be speaking at Digital Kids Summit, next week, Sept. 19th, in San Francisco. He will sit on a panel discussing digital entertainment products and services that sell well. The panel will answer questions such as: How do you make money? Who is doing it successfully, and what tactics are they using to generate revenue?
Netflix will also be sponsoring a post show networking event from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. on the 19th. Badges are required.
View the complete Digital Kids Summit here: http://www.digitalkidssummit.com/schedule. Register online for the event by this Friday, September 13th, to save $100: http://www.digitalkidssummit.com/register.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia