Apple began announcing its latest iPhones, the iPhone 5S and 5C, at a press event today at 10 a.m. PST. Apple’s CEO joined the stage and highlighted the major changes in iOS 7 and the role those features play in the new iPhones.
The 5C is a more affordable iPhone option for consumers, made of polycarbonate plastic, available in green, blue, white, red and yellow colors for $99. The iPhone 5S is the high-end upgrade.
In addition to announcing the new phones, Apple unveiled new iOS 7 operating system features including a better processor, interface and color palettes as well as features such as parallax wallpapers and a single-swipe control panel.
Other than enhanced software, camera, design and a few new features such as iWork, the new iPhone doesn’t appear to be much of an upgrade from the iPhone5, much like when Apple upgraded the iPhone 4 to the 4S
The announcement event is still in progress. We will be keeping an eye on Apple as they continue to reveal iPhone 5C details.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia