Creative online building and gaming platform ROBLOX has released data highlighting strong continuing growth for the company. In the first six months of 2013, ROBLOX saw 13.4 billion pageviews and 339 million hours of site and gameplay engagement. Total engagement for the first six months grew almost 230% over 2012.
As of June […]
Interactive bookstore app PlayTales has entered a global partnership with Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street. The partnership brings Big Bird, Elmo, Cookie Monster, and more Sesame Street characters to PlayTales’ interactive eBook applications.
Multiple Sesame Street stories are available in English, Spanish, Italian, and German, marking the first […]
One Laptop per Child will pre-install the photo-editing app on its XO Tablet […]
Educational and interactive games developer Dig-It! Games has launched Can U Dig It!, a free game app for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch that turns kids into archaeologists as they dig for ancient artifacts using logic and a little luck.
The puzzle app virtually transports players 11 and older to excavation […]
KidsWire is pleased to announce the call for speakers for the the 8th annual Digital Kids Conference taking place February 18-19, 2014 in New York City alongside Toy Fair. We very much welcome your suggestions! The call ends September 13th so there is not much time!
Digital Kids has once again partnered […]
Mobile devices are changing the face of the educational games market, a new research report by Ambient Insight shows. Also known as “serious games” or “game-based learning,” educational games are becoming increasingly accepted on mobile devices, making them easily accessible by and convenient for consumers fueling the booming mobile market.
Media company Engage Digital, publisher of KidsWire, is excited to announce that its 8th Annual Digital Kids® Conference will co-locate once again with the Toy Industry Association’s American International Toy Fair in February 2014 at New York City’s Jacob K. Javits Convention Center.
Taking place February 18-19, the two-day Digital Kids […]
A month after revealing that it would open Nook production to third-parties, Nook Media launched a suite of free Nook Video Apps that allow users to watch TV Shows instantly […]
Canada-based children’s toy and entertainment company Spin Master Ltd. is transforming its organization through recent acquisitions and a strengthened executive team to build a more immersive toy, entertainment and gaming offering.
Hot off the heels of key acquisitions, including Spy Gear and Perplexus, Spin Master just acquired Meccano, a toy construction brand […]
Educational technology company LocoMotive Labs develops assistive and play-based learning applications that empower kids with special needs to be independent learners. The company this week announced its Todo K-2 Math Practice app, available for free in the Apple App Store.
Todo K-2 Math Practice gives parents and teachers the ability to provide […]
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia