In anticipation of The Lego Group’s September 1st launch of its Mindstorms® EV3 robotics platform, the company has launched a social media hub for all things robotics: www.LEGO.com/mindstorms.
Lego also released three EV3 apps that will help fans build and connect: Lego Mindstorms Robot Commander, Lego Mindstorms 3D Builder and Lego Mindstorms Fix the Factory.
The new Lego Mindstorms social community allows users to create a profile, post their creations and like and follow other builders. New site visitors can view interactive 3D building instructions provided by the latest Autodesk technology directly in their web browser, without having to download anything additional. The community also offers a game that introduces new bot fans to programming basics.
As far as the new apps go, all are free to download on iOS and Android devices. The Lego Mindstorms Robot Commander app turns smart phones and tablets into remote controls. It includes pre-set commands for the five out-of-box robots. Users are also able to design their own command controls for the 12 bonus robots or their very own creations with the app.
The Lego Mindstorms 3D Builder app introduces step-by-step 3D Lego building instructions. Also free to download for iOS and Android tablets, this app guides users through each step in creating the five EV3 hero models, complete with practical features like the ability to zoom and rotate each illustration and step-by-step programming instructions to ease users into robotics control.
The final new app from Mindstorms is Lego Mindstorms Fix the Factory. Developed by Cape Copenhagen, this app is features a challenging puzzle-based game that introduces the concept of problem solving using a basic robotics programming interface.
For educators interested in bringing the engagement of robotics into STEM-related curriculum in middle school and high school classrooms, a new version of the Mindstorms platform optimized for school and institutional use is available now.
The Lego Mindstorms Education EV3 platform includes customizable curriculum; engaging, hands-on models and an easy-to-use programming platform.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia