App developers can now sell millions of products from Amazon.com, opening doors to new monetization opportunities within their apps and games, as Amazon today introduced the free-to-use Mobile Associates API for Kindle Fire and other Android devices. This new API enables developers to merchandise millions of physical and digital items from Amazon.com within their apps and games.
When using the new API, developers earn up to 6% on qualifying in-app customer purchases while providing customers an opportunity to easily buy and receive goods through Amazon’s 1-Click purchase experience and Amazon Prime shipping, where available. Until today, if developers wanted to create additional revenue channels for their apps they could use a “freemium” model with digital in-app purchasing or subscriptions, or by using mobile ads.
With the Mobile Associates API, developers now have a new way to monetize their apps and games by offering contextually relevant goods across Amazon’s physical fulfillment network. The API can be used in the Amazon Appstore and in Google Play, and developers can learn more about integrating the new Mobile Associates API at https://developer.amazon.com/blog.
App and game developers as well as existing Amazon Associates can create new and compelling user experiences within apps and games in three ways: selling a single item from within an app or game, showcasing a category of goods, or bundling the purchase of physical goods with the purchase of digital goods (for example, the customer receives a digital version of a board game when they buy the physical one).
The Mobile Associates API is an extension of Amazon Associates, theweb-based affiliate program with millions of affiliates worldwide.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia