Educational and interactive games developer Dig-It! Games has launched Can U Dig It!, a free game app for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch that turns kids into archaeologists as they dig for ancient artifacts using logic and a little luck.
The puzzle app virtually transports players 11 and older to excavation sites in Central America to carefully collect more than 40 historically accurate artifacts.
The game contains 53 dig sites located in the Maya cities of Tikal and Caracol. Each site is a puzzle made up of squares that randomly contain rare Mayan artifacts, such as ancient tools, weapons, and jewelry. Kids will tap into their inner treasure seekers and use logical deduction to reveal all of the empty squares, meaning they successfully locate all artifacts.
“We wanted to give players—specifically those in middle school—an entertaining, yet challenging puzzle game that can be easily played anytime, anywhere,” said Suzi Wilczynski, president and founder of Dig-It! Games. “Featuring a unique artifact collection accessible throughout the game, Can U Dig It! teaches players about the ancient Maya culture while enthralling them in fun, thought-provoking puzzles.”
Can U Dig It! is available now for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch via the iTunes App Store.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia