Skylanders’ soon-to-be rival Disney Infinity is preparing to hit stores on August 18th, as Disney Interactive’s “largest and most ambitious gaming initiative to date.” As the initiative prepares to launch, Disney Interactive has announced the sixth Disney Infinity play set: Toy Story in Space. Featuring Buzz, Jessie and Woody, the Toy Story in Space play set is scheduled to be released in October. Playsets include physical figures that grant access to in-game worlds and stories,
Toy Story in Space players embark on space adventure with the Toy Story gang as they help to relocate the Pizza Planet Aliens to a new world. The play set introduces hoverpacks, jetpacks, laser blasters, goo blasters, new mounts and more into the Toy Box mode. This mode allows kids to bring collectible figures to life in interactive worlds they create themselves.
In addition to announcing this latest play set, Disney Interactive announced the next wave of playable characters for the Disney Infinity Toy Box mode, including Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey, and characters from Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen and Phineas and Ferb. These new character figures will be rolled out beginning this October, through 2014.
Disney Infinity aims to ignite kids’ creativity and imagination by allowing them to build their own stories and environments featuring their choice of character combinations. The gaming world will be available cross-platform on consoles, mobile devices and online and will also include physical characters.
Register to attend our Digital Kids Summit to hear more about this initiative. John Vignocchi, Executive Producer, Disney Interactive will be speaking on his experience developing Disney Infinity, discussing the ways that toys, most notably interactive figurines, can be integrated into digital gameplay. With this approach to digital game development in mind, Viggonochi will highlight how integrated gameplay allows immersive online/offline experiences for kids.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia