In both North America and Europe, the Activision Blizzard reported that Activision Publishing’s Skylanders Giants was the number one best-selling console and hand-held game overall in dollars for the first six months of 2013. During this first half of the year, Activision Blizzard was the number one third-party publisher in North America and Europe combined. It dominated the games category, with Skylanders and Call of Duty: Black Ops II ranking as the top-two best-selling games in North America and Europe.
In the second quarter, Activision Blizzard overall generated $1.05 billion in net revenue, slightly down from the $1.08 billion it generated in the same quarter of last year. It’s digital channels brought in $387 million, 37% of the company’s total revenues.
The company plans to enter a new independence position, announcing last week that it has reached an $8.2 billion deal to separate from French conglomerate Vivendi and become an independent company. Under a deal that was announced early last Friday, Activision Blizzard and a group of investors will buy back shares owned by Vivend. Activision Blizzard will buy about 429 million of its shares from Vivendi for roughly $5.83 billion in cash, or $13.60 a share, the company said.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia