In addition to the Digital Kids Summit schedule announced yesterday, KidsWire is excited to announce the tentative schedule for the 2013 Digital Kids Edu, taking place September 18th, a day prior to the Digital Kids Summit, in San Francisco. Digital Kids Edu brings together startup companies and established players in the kids’ […]
Cartoon Network and The LEGO Group have joined forces to produce a new global entertainment franchise: Mixels. Launching in 2014, Mixels will focus on integrated family entertainment, featuring animated content, a rich digital gaming experience, a collectible building toy concept and more.
The two companies aim for Mixels to inspire new ways […]
Today KidsWire is proud to announce our tentative schedule for the 2013 Digital Kids Summit taking place September 19th in San Francisco. This Fall, the Summit features a range of kid veterans and digital media mavins from established and startup companies making the largest impact on the kids’ entertainment industry.
Transmedia design, technology and production company FlickerLab and children’s interactive book subscription service Speakaboos have partnered to create an extensive, curated library of interactive picture books and leveled readers.
“FlickerLab has long been committed to pushing the boundaries of what can be done in digital publishing, particularly for early learners.” says Harold […]
The Marvel amendment extends Hasbro’s global rights to Marvel characters for an additional two years running through 2020. Hasbro will continue to develop a wide range of toys and games for […]
Verizon and the Disney and ESPN Media Networks Group have partnered to provide Verizon FiOS customers the new authenticated services WATCH ABC, WATCH Disney Channel, WATCH Disney XD and WATCH Disney Junior, as well as the yet-to-be-launched WATCH ABC Family service.
“Adding WATCH Disney and WATCH ABC programming today, as well as the […]
The Wizard of Oz is coming to families in the form of an interactive story. FamLoop has released Oz Tales, a digital storybook app that can be personalized by family members to include a child’s name, information about a hometown, a family joke and more through the app’s recording feature. Oz Tales […]
Children’s Educational Apps developer SparkyKids has launched its first app, ‘I Don’t Lie’, an interactive and customizable story app which kicks off its Sparky Book series.
Developed in collaboration with in-house child education experts, a professional team of designers, narrators, and production engineers, the interactive story features original educational content designed to instill positive […]
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is teaching kids smart saving and spending habits with its new Curious George’s Town app for iPad and iPhone. Developed for preschool-to-kindergarten-aged children, the app inspires real-world achievement while while engaging young gamers in creating a virtual world.
By accomplishing real-world and in-app challenges, children earn virtual coins they can use […]
Smart mobile service provider Zact has released details from a recent U.S. consumer survey looking at some of the hot topics and concerns parents are facing when it comes to mobile technology and their children. In particular, the survey revealed insights about parents’ views of children’s use of smartphones.
Key findings include:
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia