“I joined Duck Duck Moose because I believe I can help further the mission to create high-quality products for children that are educationally-rich and offer a fun learning experience that children love and parents can trust,” said Alan Shusterman, CEO, Duck Duck Moose. “It’s an honor to be a part of this amazingly talented team that has achieved much success thus far. I am excited for the future and look forward to leading the company through its next chapter.”
Founded five years ago, Duck Duck Moose has made an impact in the children’s educational mobile app industry, generating 16 successful Educational Apps. In September 2012, the company received $7M in its first round of Series A funding from two leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms, Sequoia Capital and Lightspeed Venture Partners.
Co-Founders, Caroline Hu Flexer and Michael Flexer will work alongside Alan and remain involved in the day-to-day business and operations of Duck Duck Moose.
Caroline will continue leading the Product Management team as Chief Product Officer and Michael will maintain his role as Chief Technology Officer leading the U.S. and Shanghai-based engineering efforts.
To garner insight from Flexer’s success in educational apps, register for our September 18th Digital Kids Edu day in San Francisco, where she will be speaking and sharing her insights on digital media technology as an educational tool for kids.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia