The Marvel amendment extends Hasbro’s global rights to Marvel characters for an additional two years running through 2020. Hasbro will continue to develop a wide range of toys and games for Marvel’s global Universe of more than 8,000 characters, including Spider-Man, The Avengers and Iron Man.
Following Disney’s acquisition of Lucasfilm, the two companies sought to align the terms of both the Marvel and Lucasfilm agreements. The Marvel extension aligns with the term for Hasbro’s rights for the Star Wars franchise, which also runs through 2020.
Both agreements cover entertainment, including all film and television properties, for the respective franchises during the period and include similar product categories.
In accordance with the extended term of the Marvel agreement, Hasbro will guarantee an additional $80 million in royalties to Disney, with respect to Marvel-branded products, contingent on additional Marvel theatrical releases.
Additionally, in anticipation of the next three Star Wars sequel motion pictures, and the release of other potential Star Wars-related entertainment, Hasbro will pay up to $225 million in guaranteed payments to Disney.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia