The Wizard of Oz is coming to families in the form of an interactive story. FamLoop has released Oz Tales, a digital storybook app that can be personalized by family members to include a child’s name, information about a hometown, a family joke and more through the app’s recording feature. Oz Tales introduces a new form of storytelling, one that combines the classic storybook and modern games in one fluid family experience.
“We designed Oz Tales to combine time-honored storytelling with entertaining mini-games built into the storyline to add a new level of education and entertainment to the family storytime,” explains Ken Law, CEO of FamLoop, a pioneer in interactive storybook apps for the iPad.
OZ TALES combines dialogic reading, which has been shown to help children learn to read and improve vocabulary, with captivating mini-games that keep kids reading and interacting.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia