The Speakaboos app introduces children ages 2-6 to an ever-expanding library of more than 150 storybooks with interactive features. The app will encourage kids to read and keep them reading more by providing on-the-go access via mobile devices.
Developed by Dr. Alice Wilder, the mind behind research and testing for Blue’s Clues and SuperWHY!, and the development team that built NickJr.com, Speakaboos’ library is curated to fit children’s interests. Each story is tested by kids to ensure reading comprehension and engagement.
Speakaboos’ titles come from publishers and content owners such as The Jim Henson Company, ABRAMS, and Charlesbridge and include classic stories such as The Three Little Pigs and new storybooks such as The Haunted Party, Aggie and Ben, and The ABC Song, with additional titles added weekly. Within the app, stories come alive through captivating narration, read-along text, animated characters, story-based games and touchscreen interactions that support comprehension.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia