With toy-integrated platforms such as Activision’s popular Skylanders games and the soon-to-release Disney Infinity gaming initiative making waves in the digital kids space, Hasbro has joined the competition with its own line of physical characters that “teleport” into digital gaming and app experiences.
The Telepods line uses technology to allow kids to play in both the physical and digital spaces through full toy integration into apps.
Hasbro will make its new play experience first available in a line released this August based on and integrated into Angry Birds Star Wars II, the company’s new app from Rovio Entertainment and Lucasfilm, also announced today.
“Hasbro worked closely with both Rovio and Lucasfilm to deliver a fully integrated Telepods experience with the new Angry Birds Star Wars II app. Now kids and fans can enjoy unprecedented and seamless dual play in both physical and digital Angry Birds experiences,” said John Frascotti, Chief Marketing Officer, Hasbro, Inc. “Telepods represents a remarkable new way for consumers to play with Hasbro’s incredible portfolio of brands.”
Following the release of Angry Birds Star Wars II, fans will be able to download the app, tap the Telepods icon in the app and place one of the more than 30 Angry Birds Star Wars figures on the included Telepods base. They can then place the base on a smart device to immediately “teleport” that figure into the game.
Angry Birds Star Wars II will be available in app stores worldwide on September 19th.
View the Telepods preview below:
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia