App developer Mind Gamez today launched its first app, History Hero, an interactive video game on a mission to teach history to children and teenagers as they tour historical sites. Developed in consultation educators, History Hero brings history to life on mobile devices.
With a gaming approach to engage children during their travels, History Hero turns sightseeing into an entertaining, interactive experience through a battle between the History Heroes and the evil Erasers.
The Erasers are aliens who plan to destroy the world’s collective history. Kids delve into the game as the History Heroes who protect the world’s history by recording data about key artifacts as they visit museums, churches and other historical sites.
History Hero recruits children age 4 and up to 23 of the world’s historical sites in the U.S and Europe.
The app is designed for Apple operating systems, available for download in the App Store. The Android version of History Hero will be available later this summer.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia