In an effort to enhance interactivity, shareability and mobile and tablet accessibility for kids, Disney Channel has relaunched its UK website to feature a single digital library for the first time.
Via laptop, tablet and mobile devices, the mobile accessible website targets children between the ages of 6 and 14. It offers full-length episodes of Disney shows, along with music videos, news, behind-the-scenes footage, games, a schedule of programming, photos and information about the network’s stars.
It also allows users to access additional online destinations, such as the free virtual world Superbia and the online games Jessie Over Manhattan and Austin & Ally’s Sonic Boom.
“We recognise that Disney Channel viewers want content that’s not only diverse and entertaining, but relevant to them, easily accessible and shareable with their friends,” said Boel Ferguson, vice president and general manager, Disney Channels and Disney Online UK and Ireland.
The new site will launch first in the UK this week. Disney has plans for additional launches across EMEA territories this summer.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia