With a focus on providing a safe learning experience for kids ages 4-9, the new LeapPad Ultra not only works with LeapFrog’s library of over 800 content experiences but also includes features like Wi-Fi and LeapSearch by Zui, a proprietary kid-safe web browser.
Unique to LeapPad Ultra, the tablet’s seven-inch screen is designed to help children learn to write using a stylus while supporting interactive touch experiences.
“LeapPad Ultra has been designed to offer a safe and age-appropriate experience vetted by LeapFrog’s in-house learning experts,” said John Barbour, chief executive officer at LeapFrog. “Children can explore and play on their own while parents feel confident that their children are learning and engaging in a kid-safe environment with games, activities, videos and more designed just for them.”
The tablet supports parents with tools such as a four-digit security code, allowing them control over what their child accesses, and Wi-Fi, which lets them directly sync content to the LeapPad Ultra.
This version of the LeapPad additionally introduces a kid-safe peer-to-peer play cross-device feature which allows two or more LeapPad Ultra tablets connect locally.
LeapPad Ultra also comes pre-loaded with 11 apps, including a music player with ten LeapFrog Learning Songs, Art Studio Ultra and Photo Fun Ultra apps, the Pet Pad and Pet Chat apps, a Utility suite with calculator, notepad, calendar, voice memo and clock with stopwatch, as well as choice of an additional download from the LeapFrog App Center.
Tablet pre-order begins July 17.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia