Sesame Workshop, the non-profit producer behind children’s television show “Sesame Street,” will lay off about 30 employees, equaling 10 percent of its workforce, Deadline reported earlier this week.
The company’s CEO, H. Melvin Ming, cited the “challenges of today’s economic environments” in his statement regarding the layoffs. “After careful review, we have […]
In an effort to enhance interactivity, shareability and mobile and tablet accessibility for kids, Disney Channel has relaunched its UK website to feature a single digital library for the first time.
Via laptop, tablet and mobile devices, the mobile accessible website targets children between the ages of 6 and 14. It offers full-length […]
Ingo Devices, an international electronics manufacturer, has launched a Moshi Monsters 7” Premium Tablet.
The tablet is packed with features including a double camera, wifi and the Ingokids parental control software that allow parents to closely monitor child activity and set restrictions on web access and time allowed with the tablet.
KidsWire is pleased to announce Digital Kids Edu, a 1-day summit on Sept. 18th in San Francisco covering the profound innovations in the rapidly growing market for children’s digital media education solutions.
The event focuses on consumer-oriented children’s learning products and services that are democratizing education and redefining what it means to educate […]
With a focus on providing a safe learning experience for kids ages 4-9, the new LeapPad Ultra not only works with LeapFrog’s library of over 800 content experiences but also includes features like Wi-Fi and LeapSearch […]
Storybook app FamLoop brings a voice-interactive iPad storybook with a mystery twist to the iPad with its recently launched Agent Magic Investigates,
Designed for children ages 4-6, the app uses an early literacy storytelling approach called dialogic reading to help improve kids’ reading comprehension and vocabulary.
In Agent Magic Investigates, an animated mouse […]
With stricter children’s online privacy rules going into effect July 1, privacy groups are getting ready to monitor websites and mobile apps targeting children to ensure they comply with the new regulations, Ad Week reported.
In an 18-page letter released Monday, the Center for Digital Democracy called for help from over […]
As many know, the Snapchat real time picture chatting app targets teens and adults, allowing them to take and share pictures and videos with friends that disappear up to ten seconds after being viewed. Children under the age of 13 are not allowed to create accounts.
In its previous iOS update, Snapchat introduced […]
VTech has a new learning app tablet for kids. The InnoTab3 learning tablet comes on the heels of the InnoTab2S, introducing children to a world of personalized educational content on VTech’s comprehensive app store, the Learning Lodge.
In the Learning Lodge, kids can explore hundreds of games, e-books, videos, music […]
Back in February, Apple agreed to pay out a large settlement to parents whose children had made in-app purchases in the App Store without the account holder’s knowledge or consent.
The digital giant today sent out an e-mail notifying iTunes users of the settlement details intended to resolve the issue.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia