The Disney Junior Appisodes iOS app brings children ages two to seven a variety of interactive activities that correspond with select television shows. As most of these appisode offerings are available in the U.S., Disney Junior is implementing plans to expand, extending its app to the the two-year-old Disney Junior UK […]
Here is PlayerScale CEO, Jesper Jensen’s blog post announcing the acquisition:
Today is a great day — both in our journey with PlayerScale and for users of our Player.IO product. We are happy to […]
KidsWire is pleased to announce Digital Kids Summit taking place in San Francisco on September 19, 2013. The Summit, similar to it’s big sister Digital Kids Conference held NYC in the spring, is the must-attend event for brand owners, entertainment and media executives, marketers, producers, digital media directors and licensing professionals […]
Microsoft introduced a new generation of games, entertainment and TV with the reveal of Xbox One, the next-generation, cloud powered, all-in-one Xbox console.
When creating Xbox One, Microsoft focused on three principles: simple, instant and complete.
“Audiences now enjoy different kinds of content. Stories light up on every device from the big screen, […]
The next-generation Xbox is the company’s first new console since the Xbox 360 release eight years. We will learn more and report official details as the formal announcement is made.
DHX Media, international creator, producer, distributor and licensor, has partnered with Google to launch three dedicated paid YouTube family entertainment channels. DHX Media expands its digital footprint with the launch of DHX Kids, DHX Junior and DHX Retro, and joins an small group of content partners selected to be part of Google-owned YouTube’s […]
DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. (Nasdaq: DWA) has teamed up with Verizon on the $1,000,000 Shell-Out Contest in the Turbo Racing League App. The game, which is inspired by DreamWorks Animation’s upcoming summer film Turbo (out July 17) about a snail who gains super-speed, will feature a contest to shell-out one million […]
Apple today announced that customers have downloaded over 50 billion apps from its App Store.
Launching in 2008 with only 500 apps, the App Store now sees customers downloading more than 800 apps per second at a rate of over two billion apps per month.
“Apple would like to thank our incredible customers […]
At its I/O event this week, Google announced Google Play for Education, an extended version of the Play store targeting and curated for children.
The new store is set to launch this fall, bring educators a way to search for learning content by categories such as grade level, age range, subject matter and […]
Mobile entertainment company DANO2 recently announced its iHeart Locket, a ‘smart necklace’ that opens a corresponding diary app on the iPad. The heart-shaped locket taps into the field of wearable technology and aims to get kids excited about keeping a journal.
Features a scrapbook-style design, the iHeart Locket app takes advantage of […]
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia