FremantleMedia Kids & Family Entertainment and Magic Ruby, a provider of technology and apps for the second screen, today announced that the upcoming launch of Wizards vs Aliens on Hub Network will be supported by a second screen app available exclusively on iPad.
“FremantleMedia has been a pioneer in the second screen experience for some of the biggest entertainment shows in the world, such as American Idol and The X Factor, in turn making them two of the most socially relevant shows,” said Nicholas Dale, Senior Manager of Interactive and Mobile, FremantleMedia. “With today’s youth utilizing mobile technology at an increasing rate, we’re thrilled to now be the leader in bringing a second screen experience to the kids’ market.”
The Wizards vs Aliens app is now available on the App Store, two days prior to the show premiere on Hub Network.
The app offers a comprehensive and robust Wizards vs Aliens experience, providing content beyond what can be experienced in the broadcast TV world. Consumers will have an opportunity to sync the app with actual episodes of the show, providing immersive content to enhance their viewing experience.
As viewers progress through the series and continue using the sync feature, they will unlock additional content relevant to each episode and the progression of the storyline.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia