To generate healthy learning environments, parents and educators often benefit from a single place where they can collaborate and network. Launched today, Cwist provides such a place with its incentive-based, digital library of educational, community service and outdoor activities for kids ages 5-11.
Called “Cwists,” parents and educators work together to set up these activities and challenges to help kids make a healthy connection between the things they want and the effort it takes to get them.
The games and challenges on Cwist are based on a learn-by-fun model and can include activities ranging from organizing a community clean-up, researching fun facts for an upcoming family trip, completing a summer reading list or mastering good manners over time.
Once a child has completed a Cwist, they can access parent-approved rewards such as a sleepover, day trip, toy or gadget or something fun and unique to them.
“As parents ourselves, we understand that moms and dads need a place where they can motivate their children to learn while understanding the value of hard work,” said Christopher Sleat, Co-Founder of CWIST. “Parents love CWIST because it’s flexible enough to meet the unique learning needs of their child and fits naturally into their busy life. Children love it because it keeps them endlessly entertained and engaged.”
CWIST’s free service is web-based and currently available by invitation only. An iPad and iPhone application for the platform is also in the works.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia