Hasbro and social gaming developer DeNA are expanding their partnership by collaborating on two new free-to-play mobile games based on the G.I. JOE and Wizards of the Coast LLC. Dungeons & Dragons brands.
In G.I. Joe: Battleground, players lead and assemble teams of G.I. Joe heroes and Cobra villains to battle against each other.
Arena of War, based on Wizard of the Coast’s Dungeons & Dragons, puts players in the Forgotten Realms for a battle roleplaying game that combines questing, character leveling, and small team collaboration with mobile game mechanics. The property includes in-game events and multiplayer competitions.
Both mobile games are being developed and published by DeNA and they will be available on the company’s Mobage mobile social games platform later this year for Android, iPhone and iPad devices.
Both companies say they aim for these games to create fun, interactive entertainment experiences that appeal to fans as well as casual mobile gamers.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia