DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. (Nasdaq: DWA) has teamed up with Verizon on the $1,000,000 Shell-Out Contest in the Turbo Racing League App. The game, which is inspired by DreamWorks Animation’s upcoming summer film Turbo (out July 17) about a snail who gains super-speed, will feature a contest to shell-out one million dollars in total cash prizes.
The Turbo Racing League App from DreamWorks Animation and PikPok is available on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android handsets and tablets, and Windows Phone 8.
The game is available on all mobile carriers, however, fans who play the game on a Verizon device will have access to exclusive content from the film as well as unique game customization options and insider tips and tricks on game play.
“Turbo Racing League perfectly captures the high-octane excitement of the film, and players of all skill levels will love the detail and depth that went into creating this addictive racing game,” said DreamWorks Animation Head of Global Interactive Chris Hewish. “The basic game play is easy enough for everyone to enjoy, but the added complexities of the advanced maneuvers and the $1,000,000 Shell-Out will have racers vying for a lot more than bragging rights!”
To compete for real cash prizes in the $1,000,000 Shell-Out Presented By Verizon, eligible players must achieve Daily Goals or obtain sufficient tomatoes throughout the game to unlock access into the weekly Contest. Once in the race, players can show off their driving skills on specific Contest race tracks during an eight week qualifying period of weekly Preliminary Races starting on May 16, 2013 and continuing until July 7, 2013. Each week, the ten fastest racers will win cash prizes up to $25,000.
Each of the eight weekly first place finishers will earn an invitation to the Grand Finale Race Event in Los Angeles to compete against each other for the chance to earn the title of Turbo Racing League Champion and the Grand Prize of $250,000! The final race will be held in Los Angeles on July 17, 2013, in conjunction with the theatrical premiere of Turbo.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia