DHX Media, international creator, producer, distributor and licensor, has partnered with Google to launch three dedicated paid YouTube family entertainment channels. DHX Media expands its digital footprint with the launch of DHX Kids, DHX Junior and DHX Retro, and joins an small group of content partners selected to be part of Google-owned YouTube’s first paid channels.
DHX Media digital channels will be offered in multiple countries and in multiple languages. DHX Media digital channels content is available now for free sampling for two week free trials with a subscription price of $2.99 (U.S.)/month. Discounted yearly subscriptions are also available.
“There is an insatiable appetite for kid’s content in the digital universe across the globe and DHX Media is positioned with our extensive library of evergreen favorites to satisfy that demand,” said Michael Hirsh, Executive Chairman, DHX Media. “Millennials changed the way entertainment is consumed and now, parents in this generation, who grew up with ‘Inspector Gadget’ and ‘Super Mario,’ can introduce their kids to these family friendly favorites anytime, anywhere, online and on-the-go,” he concluded.
The DHX Kids channel will feature live action and animated series such as “Horseland;” “Mudpit,” which will be first run in the U.S.; “Sabrina,” the animated series; and “Sherlock Holmes.” The DHX Junior channel will offer content from “The Busy World of Richard Scarry;” “The Doodlebops,” and “Madeline.” The DHX Retro channel is a platform for nostalgic childhood favorites including “Heathcliff;” “Inspector Gadget;” “Sonic Underground” (Sonic the Hedgehog); and “Super Mario.”
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia