Saban Brands has appointed Jack Sorensen as president of The Playforge, the company’s mobile social games division, where he will be responsible for overseeing the development of character-based mobile games for mass audiences. Sorensen will also lead efforts to expand, promote, and monetize The Playforge’s digital IP, including its flagship mobile title Zombie Farm, through transmedia extensions within traditional media, licensing and merchandising.
“Jack brings a wealth of experience in gaming and digital entertainment that will be a tremendous asset to Saban Brands as we work toward our goal of further expanding our reach from online and television to mobile, ” said Elie Dekel, president of Saban Brands. “His extensive experience combined with his recent work as an entrepreneur and advisor in the mobile game industry make him uniquely suited to take The Playforge to the next level.”
A seasoned executive with more than 20 years of game industry experience in both public and private companies, Sorensen has built and managed high growth businesses in technology and entertainment.
He previously served as executive vice president of Worldwide Studios at THQ, Inc., a video game developer and publisher, where he was responsible for overseeing product development, business development and development acquisitions.
Prior to his role at THQ, Sorensen served as an executive in residence at Crosspoint Venture Partners, a leading technology venture capital firm, and as president at LucasArts Entertainment, where he grew its electronic games business into a Top 5 domestic publisher.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia