Israeli-US company JoyTunes recently closed another round of investment, led by Genesis Partners, in the sum of $1.5 million. Other investors include Founder Collective, Kaedan Capital investment group, Joe Lonsdale Co-Founder of Palantir Technologies and super angel Zohar Gilon, along with other angel investors. New investors include Eran Shir, head of Yahoo’s Creative Innovation Center, and Dana Messina, board member and former CEO of Steinway Musical Instruments (NYSE:LVB).
Founded in 2010, JoyTunes hopes to become the Rosetta Stone of music education, bringing new media solutions, gamification dynamics and patent pending audio technology. JoyTunes changes the way people practice an instrument, transforming musical skills into engaging games – activated by playing your actual acoustic instrument, say executives.
JoyTunes’ first piano app, Piano Dust Buster, recently hit a milestone of 25 million songs played, with 1 million songs played every week. The app encourages kids and adults to discover (or rediscover) their love for music and the piano. In the game, users get to “dust off” the family piano no one is touching…
JoyTunes’ second piano app, Piano Mania, recently launched in the Education category of the AppStore. Piano Mania is a deeper educational piano practice tool, still equipped though with the fun gamification components JoyTunes is known for, say officials. The app takes the users on an addictive and fun musical journey while playing songs and moving up the ranks.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia