LeapFrog’s Learning Team conducted research which shows that children learn to read and write better when they experience the activities simultaneously. The company has taken this idea and developed a new reading system that includes a writing component.
The LeapReader system, set to launch June 12, will serve as a learn to read and write solution for children.
With LeapReader’s three experiences – learn to read, learn to write and learn through listening – children can sound out words and read sentences, write letters with interactive guidance and develop comprehension skills through audio books and music through the LeapReader library of over 150 learning experiences.
The system’s library includes over 150 learning experiences such as books, audio books, flash cards, maps, learn-to-write sets, music albums and trivia challenges. Library content lets parents easily personalize their child’s learning journey by choosing titles based on their child’s reading level, favorite characters or learning style.
To build its LeapReader library, LeapFrog worked closely with publishing partners including Random House, Scholastic Inc. and KIDZ BOP to select audio content for the LeapReader library.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia