The company saw increases in product sales, reporting 3.7 million iPhones sold in the quarter, as compared to the 35.1 million at this time last year. It also sold 19.5 million iPads during the second quarter, increasing from the $11.8 million in the year-ago quarter.Those devices brought Apple $46.6 billion in quarterly revenue as compared its $39.2 billion revenue stat at this point last year.
One product Apple did see a sales decrease in was its Mac. The company sold just under 4 million Macs, compared to 4 million in the year-ago quarter.
While it did well in the sales area, Apple saw profit decrease in 2013 second quarter for the first time since 2003. It reported a quarterly net profit of $9.5 billion, or $10.09 per diluted share, decreasing from the net profit of $11.6 billion, or $12.30 per diluted share, it saw in the year-ago quarter.
The company’s gross margin also declined, at 37.5 percent compared to 47.4 percent in second quarter last year. International sales accounted for 66 percent of the quarter’s revenue.
For its fiscal 2013 third quarter, Apple predicts it will see revenue between $33.5 billion and $35.5 billion, gross margin between 36 percent and 37 percent, operating expenses between $3.85 billion and $3.95 billion, other income/(expense) of $300 million and a tax rate of 26%
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia