Recently-founded Tynker is on a mission to help children develop computational thinking and programming skills. The company has launched its free Tynker Learning Platform for elementary and middle schools and teachers across the United States and Canada.
With pre-packaged lesson plans, hands-free interactive tutorials, advanced lesson generation tools and paperless workflow for assigning and grading programming projects, the Tynker Learning Platform provides a modern solution for teaching programming and STEM skills in schools.
Tynker’s digital curriculum mixes learning and fun so that kids can engage in learning activities including developing animations and mobile games, crafting music, creating e-books and fictional robots and more.
The web-based Tynker Workshop features a “watch-learn-do” visual programming language similar to modern programming languages. By learning the visual programming language, kids can create programs and apps that range in complexity from simple to challenging in a short amount of time.
Flexibility is a foundational element of the Tynker platform. Teachers choose how they want to incorporate it. For example, they could use Tynker as an end-to-end platform to teach a structured programming course, a tool to aid and enhance learning in subjects like math and physics or as a means for student expression in projects, field trips, or creative writing.
Tynker was founded in 2012 by a team of entrepreneurs who realized that their own children had limited alternatives to developing STEM excellence and computational skills. The company is backed by top-tier educational investors including Felicis Ventures, 500 Startups, GSV Capital, NEA, New School Ventures and others.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia